Objects in Hidden Line Renders are Randomly Red

garrettohler

Question

Hello!

I have objects that are randomly turning red in hidden line renders when I am working on a project.  It seems like a bug.  I am the only person in our office who currently has this issue.  It happens across multiple files that I work on.  I also just updated to VWX 2024 update 3.1 before posting this just in case.

The video does it more justice, but you can see at first nothing changes when I try to update the settings and that the objects should not be red.  After "spamming" it a few times, the object will finally take, and in this case, it cascaded to additional items that I did not update.

I have noticed this more with objects that would be rigged.  Lights, TVs, Speakers, Etc.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Inconsistent color changes seem like a bug. But are there any data visualizations or class colors that could be the source of the red? If you have nothing selected and turn off by class pen color, what color is your default pen? Maybe we can find the source of the red and change it as a workaround.

I filed a bug on what I believe to be this same issue, and it's marked as fixed in an upcoming Update [Service Pack]. In the meantime, the only override I found was to set my Attributes Palette to a common pen such as black, then use the Attributes Palette flyout menu to say "Set Default Attributes." Then the erroneous linework would be drawn with that black pen.

It's definitely a bug - Hidden Line geometry shouldn't ever be directly related to the current attributes in the Attributes Palette.

• Like 1