Walls that are below the cut on floor plans appear red

How can I change the colour of walls that are not cut through in floor plans? They appear like this both on the design layer as well as the sheet layer. The walls in the image are exactly the same, the only difference is that the red one is lower than the floor plan cut line.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 16.06.28.png

That looks like a standard Viewport instead of a Section Viewport.

Check the Layer and Class overrides (Layer... and Classes... buttons in the OIP) and make sure that those objects are not being overridden there.

If that it not it, please post a file showing the problem so we can help.

I solved the problem! I had to edit the wall style from the Resource Manager - Edit Wall Attributes - Use Attributes of Class (select the class I'm using for interior walls).

Thanks for the help 🙂

Would you recommend using horizontal sections to make floor plans rather than standard viewports for the future? To have more control over how things appear on the sheet layers?

42 minutes ago, Harpahei said:

Would you recommend using horizontal sections to make floor plans rather than standard viewports for the future? To have more control over how things appear on the sheet layers?

My opinion: yes.

There are pros and cons of each method (standard top/plan viewport or horizontal section viewport) and many opt to stick with standard top/plan because it suits their workflows.

But I'd say horizontal section viewports are the way forward and give you more control over how things appear. Because you can ask them to section at a "real" height, you don't have to worry about fiddling with things like classes and attributes for objects below the cut plane: you simply tell VW to draw everything below the cut plane in a line type of your choice.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Harpahei said:

Would you recommend using horizontal sections to make floor plans rather than standard viewports for the future?

I would say only if you're struggling to achieve the desired results using Top/Plan VPs. I personally have had no issues with Top/Plan + am very happy with how all my plans look.

• Like 2