holes in walls show wrong texture - cant change

nikihoops

Question

Hello all

Since upgrading to Vectorworks 2024 when i insert doors/windows to my walls the hole's no longer take on the texture settings I choose. It appears that the holes take on the texture of the one of the sides of my wall however! I have brick texture to the left and 'wall paint' to the right. I have changed the 'holes' texture but it keeps the brick from the left side texture option. Screenshot attached - you'll see I have some tiles selected for the holes and it's not showing that - I dont want it tiled, this is just to show as an example of it not working. 

I'm sure it's a simple fix but I can figure it out! 

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 12.01.47.png

4 answers to this question

I have just tested this but am not seeing the same: in my case the hole is taking on the texture I assign it in the OIP. But I am not using VW2024 very much yet + don't generally texture my Walls by object anyway so there may be particular circumstances where it does happen which I am not aware of...

Have you tried: exporting the file to VW2023 + seeing whether the texture displays correctly there? Closing VW + restarting? Moving the Walls by 0,0? Moving the Doors/Windows by 0,0? If you open a new blank file + do a test Wall with an opening does it work correctly there? Is the file one you started in VW2024 or is it a VW2023 file which you have brought into VW2024?

I have no idea. "Correctly" will depend on the components you wall uses and what your desired end result is.

I don't use VW for architecture, so I have never had a need for walls with components or closure wrapping.

It just seemed to me me that if the wrong texture was showing at a door or window that it could be the closure wrapping the wrong components.

Either read the help on Wall Closures or check VW University for videos on wall closures.

Sorry.