Sheet Layer Exporting Issues

Hi, 

I have been having trouble getting sheet layers to export as shown in the Vectorworks Software. When Exporting as a PDF the fonts seem to be patchy and in both a JPEG and PDF export the drawings seem to be grey looking. 

This is what the sheet layer looks like on the software:

image.thumb.png.797d5c8933f0fd36ae0f3e5d6dfd5580.png

This is what it looks like as a PDF:

image.thumb.png.4bf2b1c73f6f0582a7d45efab98b3217.png

This is what it looks like as a JPEG:

image.png.c311e1527e3def3c7b61ee16552deca0.png

I have made sure that my DPI is 300 and every export is at the maximum quality. 

Any help would be appriciated

3 hours ago, E|FA said:

Is the DPI also set correctly here:

CleanShot-01182024-1002PM.thumb.png.7a021ee57c91d23303c7afbd906ffaa2.png

This is set to 300DPI but i tried this morning with it at 2500DPI. Issue doesn't seem to go. 

10 hours ago, halfcoupler said:

Yes it is the publish options, but not the resolution, this mainly happens when you export hidden line renderings with the rasterize PDF option. Untitled1.thumb.jpg.6114f09ea49a6dab314ccb38f6bf62dd.jpg

I don't usually use rasterize PDF. This is what my export options are normally:

image.png.f50bbf194a733975073b69c0e8b68637.png

It looks a bit like it is not exporting lineweights correctly. I wondered if it was something to do with having "zoom line thickness" on or off when viewing your sheet layer, but I think that would only make sense the other way around (PDF comes out with thicker lines than appear when you look at your sheet layer).

I had similar resolution problems a few weeks ago and I remember it was a very simple thing, I swear it was the rasterize option... 😦

I can produce similar results like @jamesB1 when setting layers or classes to transparent, but I guess this is not the case here ?

Unfortunetly not, This particular sheet has no transparent layers or classes. But not only that, i am struggling to understand why the title block symbol that makes up the cover page is changing so much. I can't seem to understand why the font changes so much between the Vectorworks software, PDF and JPEG.

• 1 month later...

I have solved half of this issue. The font weight appearing slimmer was down to the font being a variable font and not a static font. However, I am still experiencing the issue of parts of the font appearing missing when zoomed out but not when you zoom in.