Create steelflex slings from existing slings in the library

Hello vector's
I hope everything is going well at the start of the year for you.
Question Regarding the creation of steelflex slings from existing slings in the library.
for example I would like to create a steelflex for a straight down truss series 500 and take an already existing steelflex for a straight down truss series 300
I can modify certain things but more complicated when modifying the height of the strapping around the bridge of the steelflex?

Do you know how to proceed to create your steelflex for a truss straight down series 500 as simply and quickly as possible while retaining the design of those already existing because they are not bad.
I imagine there is a solution but having my head underwater. I'm looking... too much time and I have to spend on something else and so I'm looking for help!!!

I thank you in advance
⛓️🤘⛓️🤘

good day to you

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The existing slings in the libraries were made using a series of NURBS curves composed together and then the profile of the sling was extruded along the composed NURBS curve using the Extrude Along Path command.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/19/2024 at 5:18 PM, Martijn Wingelaar said:

Vectorworks provided slinging methods are actually wrong.

Hi @Martijn Wingelaar, If you can point us to incorrect symbols and the supporting paperwork from manufacturers, we're all for making needed corrections. These would be counted as bugs and would be added to the list of needed fixes as VW continues to be developed.