Black spots in renderings

Do you have any objects far away from the origin?

Turn on all your layers and classes (or if you have design layers at different scales do each scale separately. Go to Top and Select All.  Does the drawing zoom way out? Repeat in an elevation view (front/left/right/back) to make sure you don't have something sitting far out in the Z direction.

"Far Out" object often cause rendering problems.

But it could be something else. Especially since they are only showing on the second floor.

48 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Do you have any objects far away from the origin?

Turn on all your layers and classes (or if you have design layers at different scales do each scale separately. Go to Top and Select All.  Does the drawing zoom way out? Repeat in an elevation view (front/left/right/back) to make sure you don't have something sitting far out in the Z direction.

"Far Out" object often cause rendering problems.

But it could be something else. Especially since they are only showing on the second floor.

Well there is a gray one just above the garage door 😉

I will look at the objects in relation to origins problem. Quite often remnants from a referenced survey will make their way into a site model. A lot of times my surveys impart in at hundreds or thousands of miles from the origin. Is there a way to get a survey to come in at the center of the VW sheet? There is never an instance where I need to know the world geographical location of a site.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dick Jenkins said:

Is there a way to get a survey to come in at the center of the VW sheet?

If you are importing the survey file as a DWG / DXF, click the ‘Advanced’ button in the lower left-hand corner of the Import DWG dialogue box.
ScreenShot2024-01-10at2_20_38PM.jpg.998c99db4cc8fd9508a6091385cc1c6e.jpg

Then select ‘Location’ and choose the ‘Center first import, align all subsequent imports’ option.

ScreenShot2024-01-10at2_20_42PM.jpg.a6204a120aa9c0fd00b51a69d9d00e45.jpg

Quoted from the Vw 2024 Help File :

Depending on the coordinates of the imported file, objects in the file might be located far from the drawing’s internal origin, which can cause issues with Shaded rendering and with calculation precision due to rounding errors. It is recommended to center the first import about the internal origin at import, and align subsequent imports with the user origin. Normally, the internal origin and the center of the page are coincident, so this option also centers the objects to the page center.

Edited by rDesign
added images
31 minutes ago, Dick Jenkins said:

It's happening again. I am trying to add a site model to the scheme.

We’re you able to the spots to disappear before you tried to add the Site Model? Is the Site Model a referenced file?

If the Site Model is a referenced file, then there might be some objects that are far from the internal origin in your Site Model file, same as before.

1 hour ago, Dick Jenkins said:

The spots were happening before I added the site model. The only way I have been able to make them go away is to keep refreshing the viewport until I get one with no spots.

In that case, if you’ve confirmed that you don’t have any objects far from the internal origin, and you’re still getting the dots — I would send your file into tech support and see if they can help resolve it.