Instrument summary Vectorworks 2024

Hi All, 

Our company just updated to the new 2024 entertainment suite...

and now, when we "call" an instrument list, we have all the objects in the draw, but on the last version, we could use filters to select which layers should be added to the list... 

now we don´t have that tool or at least not figuring out how to do it?? any help? 

by the way, cool new UI i takes a few days to get used to it but a lot easier to work.! 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The new Equipment Summary Tool filters are in the build window, and you can create a filter-by-layer filter. Once the filter is active, it shows all items available within the criteria selected. You are correct, however, that we currently do not have a way of filtering the key again after it has been built. This is on our list of improvements. 

2023-12-13_11-11-07.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Good evening,

I came across this issue now after migrating to 2024.

I want to thank you for all the effort and new tools you developed for us.

However, when something as basic and widely used is changed to something slightly more complex, it should not be overlooked, for example, in the VECTORWORKS SPOTLIGHT ESSENTIALS SEMINAR, and in this case, it was.

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/overview/view.php?id=5803

On 12/13/2023 at 11:42 AM, TomWhiteLight said:

You can specify any legend source (you might need to convert to unstyled first).

Re-sort

and even edit the cell layout to suit your needs.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.41.16.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.40.12.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.40.31.png

Thank you for helping us, @TomWhiteLight

I tried to understand how to proceed and use this filter to produce the table of my equipment, with the icon and respective quantity, in vain.

The result was only the Icons, without the equipment names and without the count.
image.png.6e27fe908ab435b1f7fa226465b1772d.png

The option was to go to the file provided as an example and copy the "Graphic Legend" to my project.

However, there is a lot of repeated information, and the space is not well utilized/organized.

image.png

Will you make any tutorial to teach how to use this tool?

Please do not take this feedback as destructive.
Vectorworks is immense, and therefore even in the type of help, being more specific would be very helpful.

Edited by Cristiano Alves