All or Any criteria in this set?

At the moment the worksheet will search for objects which are either the '#20 Biscuit' symbol or the 'Amazon Rose' symbol. If you changed line one to 'all criteria in this set' you'd be asking the worksheet to search for objects which are simultaneously the '#20 Biscuit' symbol and the 'Amazon Rose' symbol which clearly isn't going to return anything as an object can only be one symbol or another.

Is that what you meant?

So you might add to the criteria above + say 'search for either this symbol or that symbol [any criteria] on this layer + in this class [all criteria]'.

It just creates a new set. So like the example I gave earlier, if you wanted to search for the symbols called 'Symbol-1' + 'Symbol-2' but only where they are on 'Design Layer-1' + in 'Class Name 1' you would have this:

Screenshot2023-11-04at16_13_21.thumb.png.b4bc81c2d7d05deb8ea68f589b3b8707.png

Screenshot2023-11-04at16_18_49.thumb.png.c11857f8c5a21ab6a7318dd7b4e5009c.png

Sorry if I'm still barking up the wrong tree

44 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

It just creates a new set. So like the example I gave earlier, if you wanted to search for the symbols called 'Symbol-1' + 'Symbol-2' but only where they are on 'Design Layer-1' + in 'Class Name 1' you would have this:

Screenshot2023-11-04at16_13_21.thumb.png.b4bc81c2d7d05deb8ea68f589b3b8707.png

Screenshot2023-11-04at16_18_49.thumb.png.c11857f8c5a21ab6a7318dd7b4e5009c.png

Sorry if I'm still barking up the wrong tree

That's exactly what I'm looking to know. Now I need to mess around with it a bit. Thanks @Tom W.

• Like 1

Each time you put in a new Any or All is creates a new sub-part to the criteria. That Subpart will either do a logical AND (ALL) where each item inside the sub-part has to exist, or a logical OR (ANY) where one or more of the criteria need to exist.

As Tom says, ALL is & and ANY is | when you look at the actual formula for the criteria.