Data Tag to Object Center

Rob87

Question

Hi there!

I am playing around with tagging  truss objects. I wonder if there is an option to place the tag to the object center. By default it is always placed to the object insert point.

I use "All Eligible Objects Mode"

As trusses differ in size it is not an option to enter values to the "Auto-placement" -> "X offset" or "Y offset".

I just want to have the tags placed to the center of the truss.

Second I wonder if it is possible to have the tags to be orientated as the assigned object. They are always orientated as in the layout, no matter what the object is orientated.

I don''t use leaders.

In my screenshot I moved all the tags to the center by hand.

Am I missing something?

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-30um14_34_22.thumb.png.85dedcc795235b665112b7661066930f.png

Thank You!

5 answers to this question

Answer to the first question is no, not that I know of. The Data Tag always uses the insertion point (if it is a symbol or plug-in).

Answer to the second question is yes! In the Display Tab of the Data Tag style dialog, there is a check box for Alignto Walls/Objects. That should align the data tags correctly.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, markdd said:

Answer to the first question is no, not that I know of. The Data Tag always uses the insertion point (if it is a symbol or plug-in).

Answer to the second question is yes! In the Display Tab of the Data Tag style dialog, there is a check box for Alignto Walls/Objects. That should align the data tags correctly.

Too bad, am I really the first and only one with the need for an "object center" insertion?

Thanks for the help with the orientation - worked!