Spotlight Symbol scales

Mat33

Question

Hi There

New to VW so bare with me:

I’ve imported a dwg at 1:50 scale. Now I want to place lighting symbols on it but the symbols are WAY bigger than the drawing. Is there any way to match the scale of the symbol to the scale of the imported drawing?

Im having the same problem with dimensions. I want the measurements to show as 20 000mm but it’s coming up as 400. 

please can someone help point me in the right direction. 

2 answers to this question

I suspect it has something to do with the Scale of the imported DWG geometry.

Before you do anything, check with the Tape Measure tool that a known length is indeed what you think it is. If it isn't, then you will need to rescale the DWG geometry using the Scale command (Menu > Modify > Scale Objects). The "Symmetric by distance" setting sounds like what you need to use. Once all the DWG geometry is the correct size, then you should be fine. 

Vectorworks always draws at 1:1 so you do not need to rescale as you import. However, Vectorworks displays scale in a different way than AutoCAD and this is often an area that previous AutoCAD users slip up on at first.

Come back if you need any more help.