How to use label legend in one viewport not the other?

I don't use Label Legends, so I may be misunderstanding the question, but normally visisibility of objects in Viewports is controlled by Layers and Classes.

Try putting your Label Legend in a Class. Then select the viewport you don't want it to show in and click the Classes... button in the OIP (Object Info Palette). Set the visibility of the Label Legend Class to invisible in that viewport.

I don't think there is a way to do what you want.  Label Legends (LLs) are linked to the Lighting Device instance they report on, and you can only assign one LL to a Lighting Device.  You can turn on and off class visibility of LL fields on a viewport by viewport basis.  Thiscan make one LL do the job of two by allowing one field to be placed on top of another (or elsewhere), but you won't be able to put the same field in 2 different places in the same LL.  You can copy field values to other fields (usually user fields) and you can create your own custom fields.  These options will usually achieve the functionality of multiple LLs.

• 2 weeks later...

On possibility is to use Data-Tags in viewport to show information that you want to show in each. With different Data-Tag between viewports you can see data that is defined in different Data-Tags. I have Data-Tag that is similar visually and in data to my normal Label Legend. With that Data-Tag I can easily visualize ID and Addr even in oddly angled front views. On normal Top/Plan viewport I use just Label Legend because it is usually fastest way to show that data. Data-Tag is IMO easier to move if viewport is crowded, one click to move all fields compared to LL where you have to move all fields separately.