Wall opening data in worksheet

koenr

Question

Hello,

Is there a way to get de name of the wall where my door is inserted into a worksheet?

In the example below my opening should return "BW0.1" so i can easily count the openings in all concrete walls.

If not posible with a normal function i am a bit familiar with worksheetfunctions so that could maybe be an solution but this makes the worksheets realy slow so i try to avoid them as much as possible. 

Thanks a lot! 😄 

image.thumb.png.9ca38a9f6c1747b2fb442d14825067e6.png

7 answers to this question

Hello,
I'm back with another question.

I'm almost there but there is only 1 problem left.
I select the opening and run this simple script but instead of naming the opening it names the wall it is in.

This was just for testing what was going wrong but the idea is that i can read some values out off the wall and write those to a record attached to the opening.

nameopeninginwall.thumb.png.3eb53de897eaa85cd4548f185c7f7c82.png

Take a look at GetPickObjectInfo.  Use the opening name to get the location and pass that to GetPickObjectInfo to get a handle to the wall and the sub-object.

If you add GetType to your code above, I would bet there Opening is actually the wall and the GetParent is rerunning the group or Layer the wall is in.  If the OIP says that a Door in Wall (or anything In Wall) is selected, then it is actually the Wall that is selected.

• Like 1