Window & Door Libraries

Thomas Williams

Question

In my Resource Manager I have 8 Window Manufacturer Catalogs and 8 Door Manufacturer Catalogs (same MFGs); are there more catalogs available or in the pipeline to be added to the Libraries. I contacted one of the local suppliers and asked what MFG they most sold and this Company is not one of the available catalogs. I was told that it was easy for VW to import new catalogs from manufacturers and tried to connect the MFG to VW but nothing ever happened.

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge regarding this topic?

4 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Thomas Williams said:

In my Resource Manager I have 8 Window Manufacturer Catalogs and 8 Door Manufacturer Catalogs (same MFGs); are there more catalogs available or in the pipeline to be added to the Libraries. I contacted one of the local suppliers and asked what MFG they most sold and this Company is not one of the available catalogs. I was told that it was easy for VW to import new catalogs from manufacturers and tried to connect the MFG to VW but nothing ever happened.

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge regarding this topic?

Have you tried using the existing catalogs + did they work as you expected? I only ask because despite appearances they are not necessarily all they're cracked up to be. See this thread:

It might be preferable to just create your own Door/Window styles using the manufacturer's specs for the products you're interested in. 

I am not at my desk so I don't know off the top of my head what the MFG was/is  and was really trying to specify what the locals are using. After speaking to some of the local builders, I decided to just just use generic sizes and let the builder choose what MFG they want as prices and availability can vary significantly from design to construction.

Thank you for the feedback though.