Landru Tools (including Audio tools) Updated!

Happy September!

Assuming you've seen the announcements regarding Vectorworks 2024® and are eager to dive in...this week we posted new builds for all of our tools. These builds insure compatibility with Vectorworks 2024® and include updated content files.

In terms of new features, in addition to the recent enhancements in the VideoScreen tools, AudioBox 2 has now gotten some special attention:

• "Yoke Up" and "Yoke Down" have been replaced by a single "Yoke" option with a variable tilt angle.
  • Yokes now attach to truss correctly and speaker, tilt, and rotation changes are made relative to that attachment point. (Speakers no longer jump away from trusses when you make adjustments!)
  • Speaker Symbols can now take advantage of a new "part" system, allowing you to do things like use custom yoke and clamp geometry, define custom yoke pivot points, and designate custom dispersion origins. (Be sure to see the manual for more information.)

These updates are for Vectorworks 2020© and newer.

If you have purchased one of our tool sets or a Producer's Pack 3 license since January 1, 2023, applicable updates are available to you free-of-charge. E-mail me for a link, password, and and a key code. (As a user, you know the address...)  Everyone else, see https://www.landrudesign.com/VWPlugIns.htm for more info.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2023 at 12:27 PM, Kevin Allen said:

this is simply brilliant and needs to everywhere in spotlight!

to elaborate and be less vaguebooking, There are now more 3D loci and records in the symbols offering greater control and precision placement of the speaker symbols. These would be great to have in lighting devices and likely other places where modeling complex rigging is required.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Kevin Allen said:

There are now more 3D loci and records in the symbols offering greater control and precision placement of the speaker symbols.

Showing my cards a bit...this is a good example of a convention being created to address 1 specific need/request that ended up up with a parade of "...what abouts..." and, actually, more functionality than originally anticipated.

MANY thanks to those of you who gave valuable input!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Ben59 said:

is possible to count the pixel in order to draw a pixel map via datavisualization ? 

The LED tool lets you input the horizontal and vertical pixel counts of a given panel and then the tool will calculate the overall counts.  Is this what you're asking?

10 hours ago, Ben59 said:

to assign led panel of a same screen to different classes ?

No.  The parts of the panels can be assigned to different Classes but the assignments will be the same for every panel.

• 2 weeks later...

hello so no difference between your plugins and the vector once ( about what i m asking)

It s important to know the screen full resolution , but in fact you have a limited number of pixel available by processor output , and its good to know the output one is from 0,0 to 1920, 208 and second from 0,209 to 1920, 416 , for example, even if the screen is split .

Im asking something else , is it possible to change the number of the first pixel, if it is, it could be a solution for split screen 🙂

14 hours ago, Ben59 said:

hello so no difference between your plugins and the vector once ( about what i m asking)

Assuming you are meaning our version of the LED tool, there are several differences.  Here are a few of the things that are unique to our version:

• 3D text blocks.
  • Several additional text fields.
  • Ability to collapse parts of the OIP.
  • Inclusion of the Coverage Zone feature found in the other video tools.
  • Display of secondary dimension units allowing users to display array dimensions in, for example, meters if drawing units are in feet and inches.
  • Ability to build half-tiles.
  • Ability to miter vertical edges of end tiles.
  • Weight and power estimates automatically re-calculate as tile counts change.

14 hours ago, Ben59 said:

It s important to know the screen full resolution , but in fact you have a limited number of pixel available by processor output , and its good to know the output one is from 0,0 to 1920, 208 and second from 0,209 to 1920, 416 , for example, even if the screen is split .

While the tools don't have a specific way to track that information, you could use the "Raster" or "Note" field for that.

I hope that this answers some of your questions.  Feel free to ask if you have more.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, C. Andrew Dunning said:

I hope that this answers some of your questions.  Feel free to ask if you have more

yes some more, is it possible to rotate screen in x plan ? for example to make a square at 45° like a diamond ? and also the hability to remove panels to draw like step and whats about curved screen ?

thanks !

5 hours ago, Ben59 said:

yes some more, is it possible to rotate screen in x plan ? for example to make a square at 45° like a diamond ?

Like, a "vertical" diamond?  At this time, no.  That is doable, though, using Design Layer Viewports.

5 hours ago, Ben59 said:

the ability to remove panels to draw like step and what about curved screen ?

Sort of.  For each, a VS4-LED instance would represent a single tile.  You would build the array and then (either manually or using a Command I share with our users) adjust image scaling and shifting so that each panel shows a portion of the overall image.  Like this:

TilingDemo.jpg.f1df32f885c07e8ba60e1e8c13662861.jpg

Edited by C. Andrew Dunning
  • Like 1
On 10/1/2023 at 2:58 PM, Ben59 said:

Im asking something else , is it possible to change the number of the first pixel, if it is, it could be a solution for split screen 🙂

Hey Ben, I use the Landru tool with Data Tags in much the same workflow that you're describing. If I understand your question, I would draw 2 screen objects adjacent to each other. That would also help with naming each screen, and other prepro / planning / paperwork. And, as Andy said, multiple screens could share the same raster info in the OIP. Not for nothing but the Landru tool also allows me to enter weight and watts per tile, and then calcs the totals for me, which is a big help.

On that note, @C. Andrew Dunning VW 2024 has some pretty sweet improvement to Data Tag units, so I'm bumping that request to the top of the list 😅 

• Like 2