Revit imported door won't let me edit the hardware

MGuilfoile

Question

VW 2023 SP5, Windows 10

In a Revit model that is generally well behaved, the doors will not allow me to do anything to the hardware, specifically the lockset. It is the same color as the door--which I think I was able to change the color of--and I want it to have a chrome finish. Everything in the "Settings" menu regarding hardware is grayed out. I can't even select it. Any advice as to how I can edit the hardware?

Thanks,

MHBrown

2 answers to this question

AFAIK this has always been like this.

Revit Doors are just a Symbol in the VW Door PIO.

The VW Door even only shows a standard VW Door width and height which

does not meet the actual Revit Door Geoemtry.

And no OIP Door setting changes apply.

Even, when the Symbol is not properly linked.

When you rename the Symbols, VW will not recognize renaming and will

no more show the Revit Door geometry.

Hmmm...it can't be just a symbol because I can edit a symbol as much as I want. I just have to do it within the symbol edit window. This doesn't work that way since this Revit door is buried in the Door OIP protocols which are much less flexible--even with native VW doors.

The Revit door allowed me to change the colors via the Settings button in the OIP and then in the "classes" section of the Door edit. So not everything was grayed out.  If it were just a symbol, then I could ungroup all the parts and change the lockset to chrome. I wish I could do this. I'd just convert it to a group, but there are a dozen such doors in the file and I like that they all changed color when I edited it within the Door OIP Settings menu. If I change it to a group (and then a new symbol with a chrome door handle) I'd have to hunt out all the doors and replace them manually with my new door symbol. That seems a little unnecessary.

Thanks,

MHBrown