Import symbols help

domer1322

need help ....   I'm noticing that my imports of symbols are frequently faulty.  The symbols often import such that pieces of the symbol are not visible.  The geometry exists, but it is as if the solid fill is 'none'.  I've tried to figure out how to make the invisible parts be visible, but have failed.  I attached an image that shows symbols from the VW library  "_Residential Living Rm layouts" that were imported into a brand new test file.  Obviously, parts like some of the sofa seat cushions don't show up.   I tried to attached the sample test file but kept getting an upload error.  It is 25 Mb .. is that too big ?

Any suggestions on what is going wrong ?       (I'm using VW 2021 on Mac OS 10.13.6 on a late 2012 27" iMac)

Test import.jpg

6 hours ago, domer1322 said:

need help ....   I'm noticing that my imports of symbols are frequently faulty.  The symbols often import such that pieces of the symbol are not visible.  The geometry exists, but it is as if the solid fill is 'none'.  I've tried to figure out how to make the invisible parts be visible, but have failed.  I attached an image that shows symbols from the VW library  "_Residential Living Rm layouts" that were imported into a brand new test file.  Obviously, parts like some of the sofa seat cushions don't show up.   I tried to attached the sample test file but kept getting an upload error.  It is 25 Mb .. is that too big ?

Any suggestions on what is going wrong ?       (I'm using VW 2021 on Mac OS 10.13.6 on a late 2012 27" iMac)

Test import.jpg

I have had this happen too see this thread:

Try editing the symbols to 'wake up' the geometry...

thanks for the replies.   I tried to edit some of the symbols, and found that about 25% of my attempts to edit them did result in 'waking up' the symbols.   Puzzling indeed.    I have VW 2023 loaded on a different M1 Mac Airbook, and I tried the same symbol download and it worked perfectly.  I exported the file into VW2021 and the symbols stayed perfect.    So ... I guess i have a work-around until I buy a new desktop with a new Mac OS.      Pat: thanks for confirming my suspicion that there is some incompatibility.    That will save me a lot of time trying to fix this.   However ... just to defend myself ....  notice this attached compatibility chart says VW 2021 is compatible with Mac OS 10.13

VW and Mac OS compatibility chart.tiff