Arts and Crafts!

David S

@Tom W. What completely threw me on the survey was that on the ground floor rear where the stack is (behind the side extension) at some point they had inserted a door, now blocked off, so when I tapped the stack it was solid to the side but hollow-sounding in the centre and now housing a book case! And yes the first floor stack window is a feature!

@Tom W. No we always do our own surveys and create a 3d model. That way we are sure whatever is designed complies with building regs. Had a few occasions when difficult builders say our designs don't work which is scary as by then the client has fallen in love with the builder but the 3d model never, never lies! The 3d model generates all the plans and sections etc. The aim is to extend to the rear.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, David S said:

@Tom W. No we always do our own surveys and create a 3d model. That way we are sure whatever is designed complies with building regs. Had a few occasions when difficult builders say our designs don't work which is scary as by then the client has fallen in love with the builder but the 3d model never, never lies! The 3d model generates all the plans and sections etc. The aim is to extend to the rear.  

I'm impressed with your surveying skills! I do a fair amount of my own surveying but also use laser scans (point clouds).

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...