Publish command not working

designosaur

Question

I am using Vectorworks 2021 on a new Mac laptop (OS 12.6.6) I am having a problem with the publish command, on a file that was working fine with other Macs; the publish window stays open and hangs when I try and publish 3 sheet layers to 3 pdfs and add date suffix to pdf. I have tried a restart and left it overnight but no progress. At somepoint it appears to be downloading from Microsoft. We use Sharepoint for business, but the file is saved to laptop. 

Edited by designosaur

3 answers to this question

On 7/4/2023 at 9:15 PM, designosaur said:

At somepoint it appears to be downloading from Microsoft. We use Sharepoint for business, but the file is saved to laptop.

Perhaps the file you're working on is referencing other files that are on the SharePoint drive. 'References,' or (ye olde) 'Layer Links' or their modern counterpart, 'Design Layer Viewports,' etc. I can't think of any Resources that would do so, but perhaps there are some objects or resources your file relies on that are in .vwx files on SharePoint. Maybe the Resource Manager is triggered to review/scan files that are in Workgroup folders or Favourites files before publishing. If those files are on SharePoint or any other remote storage and communications are slow, that could be it. 

On 7/4/2023 at 9:15 PM, designosaur said:

was working fine with other Macs

If your Vectorworks 2021 is up-to-date and restarting your Mac doesn't make a difference, then try using a new/default Vectorworks User Folder: 

1. Quit Vectorworks. 
  2. Go to: ~/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/ (on Mac) or %AppData%\Nemetschek\Vectorworks (on Windows). 
  3. Move out or rename the folder for the version concerned. (E.g. rename '2021' to '2021 @2023-07-10). 
  4. Reopen Vectorworks. (You'll need to set up your Vectorworks Preferences and Resource Manager Favourites again). 
  • Like 1

Thanks for suggestions. This is a standalone file, with no refs to other files. I have tried to replace the VW user file. I have also upgraded to VW2024. Sadly none of these attempts have fixed the issue.

The publish command hangs whilst repeatedly downloading something from onerive. If I can hit ‘stop downloading’ after a few mins, I can proceed to export the pdf after a few more mins. This is taking way too long! This file is saved to hard disk, but we use onedrive for SharePoint syncing. Clearly something to do with SharePoint onedrive sync. Not sure how to fix that.