Dotted line not visible

Hanna N

Question

5 answers to this question

On 6/29/2023 at 4:12 PM, Hanna N said:

I draw a line using the lines type from the resource manager but all it's showing is a regular black line.

I tried the other default styles as well but none of them are visible. I can see that there is a dotted line 'hidden'. How do I resolve this?

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 17.09.02.png

In this screenshot you are using the ISO-03 Dashed Spaced Line Type but the Line is only 7.3mm long which is too short relative to the length of the dashes. Either make the line longer or edit the Line Type to make the dashes/spaces smaller.

In the second screenshot the line is 10.56mm long so it's probably the same thing but hard to say without knowing what the HIDDEN Line Type is. The Pen is not by class so you're not using ISO-03 Dashed Spaced which is possibly your intention. Make the pen by class in the Attributes Palette to do this.

• Like 2

I found the problem. It is the scale in the design layer. It says 1:100 but I now realise the dimensions are in mm.🙄 See the attached. For example the end of the hedge should be 1,00 m and not 1mm. 

How can I easily resolve this? Rescale the drawing? The drawing is super tiny when I pull up the drawing in sheet layer on A1 at a scale 1:250. 

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 16.03.12.png

15 minutes ago, Hanna N said:

I found the problem. It is the scale in the design layer. It says 1:100 but I now realise the dimensions are in mm.🙄 See the attached. For example the end of the hedge should be 1,00 m and not 1mm. 

How can I easily resolve this? Rescale the drawing? The drawing is super tiny when I pull up the drawing in sheet layer on A1 at a scale 1:250. 

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 16.03.12.png

Everything on the design layer is in fact drawn at 1:1. So if you want to be drawing in metres you need to go to File > Document Settings > Units... + select metres as the units. In fact set up everything the way you want it + save the settings so you can apply them across all files.

The design layer scale is more a preset zoom level which you'd normally set to the same scale as what your sheet layers will commonly be so that you are seeing things on the design layer at the same scale as they will be printed. There are various threads on this such as:

I'm not really sure why your vehicle symbols, doors, etc are all so small in your screenshot... Did you resize them to make them that small? The cars look like they're 5-6mm long...! This is nothing to do with design layer scale. Scale really only comes into play in viewports.

• Like 1