Weird Spot Light

Organic

Question

Hello Community,

Recently, I started to want my interior design to have smooth lighting everywhere without any exaggerated lighting effects and shadowing. 

I used Custom Renderworks with no indirect lighting and environmental lighting from the current background. It came out perfectly like what I needed.

However, there was always a really bright spotlight in my rendering while all my lighting was turned off. (I needed to photoshop it away every time which is annoying)

I tried other materials besides chrome and it still has the effect. 

Is there any way to fix the problem? Or any option I can do to have a similar rendering effect that shows the design itself? ( I want a simple bright looking design without any spotlight)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/MTBCckN

Thanks,

Jesse 

17 answers to this question

I have a symbol in my library that I add for just this scenario.

It consists of 6 light objects set to directional.

4 of the lights at point at 90 degrees to each other and the last 2 point directly up/down.

Set them to not cast shadows.

You can adjust the intensity of the symbol and I find 50% normally does the trick.

this is as shadowless and even as I can get and is good if you want to have completely even illumination.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2

The directional lights can be placed anywhere and there is absolutely no fall off. Point lights have intensity falloff even when set to none. 

Most importantly though, they are directional, so the position of the light will make a big difference. It's hard to explain without an example....

Point Light

Screenshot2023-06-26at21_59_52.thumb.png.f17685d431f15ccbc9cea91e875c59f4.png

Directional

Screenshot2023-06-26at22_01_35.thumb.png.9446f032c5582e48e92e9b7e97d3881c.png

• Like 1

@markdd I am not sure if I make the symbol wrong. I turned the symbol brightness to 50 and its overexpose. And this is what it looks like with 25. The lighting is not smooth. I put two symbols, one outside and one inside. Did I make the wrong symbol? I have all six lighting closely attached each other. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 5.11.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 5.15.18 PM.png

@markdd does this way more than I do, but that looks like the reflection of your directional light.

The only way I know of to get rid of it is to turn down the brightness of the light and turn up the ambient lightning and/or the brightness of the Renderworks Background.  But hopefully someone who actually tries to render things to look good will help us both out.