Good resource for realistic 3D greenery

Hi All

Im after a good and relatively cheap resource for realistic greenery symbols. I dont need them enough to require Landscape, but I do need them when doing renders for events. I regularly use what come free with VW but I often need more. 

I tried downloading a couple from free3D (not actually free) but I had issues with the OBJ import (couldn't locate the texture or MTL file, despite them being in the same folder) and the 3DS import just gave me blocks of geometry that looked nothing like a plant. 

Im at the stage where I would be happy to pay for something that works - but ideally not hundreds. Would appreciate some suggestions.

Cheers

Globeplants are probably the best 3D plants available now.

If you can get by with image prop plants, you can always make your own from photos to save money.

If you intend to use a rendering engine like Twinmotion in the future, there is enough general 3D planting built in for most temperate climates.  Probably cheaper to buy Twinmotion than a decent collection of plants.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, symo said:

I actually have Twinmotion but never used it.

Same here. Can't believe I've had it 2 years. Be interested to know whether there are any disadvantages to using the free 2021.1 version I have as opposed to the most recent one... It's about time I tried it out