Large File Size

My Vectorworks file for some reason is extremely large, Ive tried to attach the file but it keeps failing (I'm guessing due to it size). Im not too sure why the file is so large (690.5MG) but it makes working so slow and prone to Vectorworks not responding. Im thinking it could be an object or something but not too sure how to find the cause. I tried purging but that didn't help. If anyone has any idea it'll be much appreciated. Thanks

File size + lagginess are not necessarily related. Plus 690MB (if that's what you mean) is not that large. I have 2GB files which show no lagginess. What makes my files laggy is tons of 2D geometry (e.g. complex hatches) + big meshes. And RAM which has crept up to high level over the time the file's been open. Closing VW + restarting resets this. 

• Like 2
On 5/4/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jonathan Pickup said:

have you got the save viewport cache turned on?

I do have save viewport cache turned on.

On 5/4/2023 at 4:30 PM, Tom W. said:

File size + lagginess are not necessarily related. Plus 690MB (if that's what you mean) is not that large. I have 2GB files which show no lagginess. What makes my files laggy is tons of 2D geometry (e.g. complex hatches) + big meshes. And RAM which has crept up to high level over the time the file's been open. Closing VW + restarting resets this. 

I understand but most of my other files don't exceed 300MB and they work fine which is why I think that the file being 690MB is the reason for the lagginess, Ive closed VW and restarted a number of times, still have the same issue. Ill try attaching the file again hopefully it works.

Thanks

I didn't find the file to be laggy on my computer.

Turning off the "save viewport cache" drops the file size to 50MB.

This is because of how you have the rearmost viewport for section CC setup (the house geometry), it takes forever to render with your settings.

This is due to the "Background Render Settings" using "Display Surface Hatches".  I'm not seeing a compelling reason for this setting to be turned on based on the graphics in these little sections.  Changing that one setting will make the viewport updates instant and panning around smooth.  This compared to the 30 seconds or so it takes to render it with your selected settings.

Personally, I wouldn't put the titleblock or those window and insulation notes/checklists in a viewport's annotation space.

Edited by jeff prince