Audio Tools Spotlight 2023 Symbol mode

XiuhSV

Question

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's likely that the record data attached to the symbol is incorrect.
We use the record information to determine the spacing and if the record information does not match the geometry you will get speakers that are overlapping or spread apart.
See this post on how to make custom speakers and bumpers fro details.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, klinzey said:

It's likely that the record data attached to the symbol is incorrect.
We use the record information to determine the spacing and if the record information does not match the geometry you will get speakers that are overlapping or spread apart.
See this post on how to make custom speakers and bumpers fro details.

This seems to happen with any symbol speaker I use. This is a newly fully installed version of Vectorworks, I wonder how the records can be wrong.

@kdenham Which library files are you having an issue with in Vectorworks 2024?
The measurements in the record should always be in metric units and must contain the unit mark. (mm)
The problem shown above will happen if the symbol insertion point is in the wrong location or the record information about the overall size or tilt location of the speaker is incorrect.

@kdenham
I just had a look at the JBL speaker symbols that you are using in the array and the problem looks to be that the data record dimensions do not match the geometry inside the symbol definition. Since I'm not really familiar with JBL speakers I'm not sure which is incorrect, the data record or the geometry.

I'll put a bug report in for it

@kdenhamHere is the corrected file. I just used your simple demo and corrected the wrong dimensions. You most likely will have to convert the document back to Feet and Inches as I switched to millimeters as I only draft in metric. Once Jesse's bug arrives in the internal tracking system I will have a look and schedule a fix.

JBL VRX 932 LAP array issue demo Fix.vwx