Vectorworks Cloud Services - Font Missing

Wesley Burrows

Question

I have a some custom fonts in my title blocks/etc that all generally seem to work fine now when cloud publishing,   I do full integration on a dropbox for business account,  and the fonts are uploaded in a folder there.    But there are a couple of font's in particular it just refuses to use.   The one that bothers me the most is Gravitica-Light.otf.   I don't know if there's anyone that could help me with this?

And on a side note,  when you publish a pdf locally,  the Vectorworks remember's the last directory you published to and takes you there initially with a successive publish.    When publishing on Store on Dropbox and Process on Vectorworks Cloud it goes back to the root folder every time.    Rather than remembering.    I don't know why it behaves differently.     

-W

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Wesley Burrows,

Please take a look at the linked thread and let me know if you can't find the information you need to fix your problem. I would be happy to investigate your specific situation and provide further guidance.

On the side note, I filed a request to our team to see if the output locations for Dropbox and Vectorworks Cloud Services can be remembered similarly to the way it is done for the local processing option.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

On 4/28/2023 at 5:55 PM, inikolova said:

@Wesley Burrows,

Please take a look at the linked thread and let me know if you can't find the information you need to fix your problem. I would be happy to investigate your specific situation and provide further guidance.

On the side note, I filed a request to our team to see if the output locations for Dropbox and Vectorworks Cloud Services can be remembered similarly to the way it is done for the local processing option.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

@inikolova  Hi!   While the link is informative for understanding what could be happening, it doesn't really offer a solution,  and I realize there might not be one as I'm on Mac and the servers are on Windows.    But if it is font related, I'd love to see if we could get that working.  I did download Font Forge,  but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to try and convert that font too.   Or if that's even what the problem is.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Wesley Burrows,

Please send me a private message with a link to your .vwx file (could be a heavily trimmed version of ot with just the parts that are not working) along with the Fonts that are not working and I would be happy to investigate further and see if I can make them work for you.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova