Summarize total plants on worksheet

Hanna N

Question

I have three planting areas with some same plants appearing in respective zone. Each zone has its own viewport. When the plants appear in the worksheet I end up with three rows of same plants. How do I merge these? If I want to use the same plant but at different pot sizes for each zone, what's the best way to do this? 

3 answers to this question

I want one single plant list for everything. This list will be sent to the nursery for ordering the plants. I don't want them to see the same plant in more than one row.  

It would also be good to have a plan list next to each planting zone. This will make it easier when setting out the plants. The gardener can look at the plant list and set out the correct quantities for each planting area.  

Show the Database Header Row (ie 4, not 4.1, 4.2, etc.  Worksheet View Menu, make sure Database Headers is checked).

Select the Database Header Row cell for the column that shows the plant name (or which ever column you want to combine based on).

From the pull down menu choose SUMmarize Items.

You should now have only a single subrow for each plant name.

image.png.dbf6334a8170574f980f12c219489152.png

• Like 1