Hardscape as Edging with Radial Units

Hi All,

I am trying to create hardscape with a soldier brick edging. If the hardstanding area is simple, there is no problem and I just use the border option.

In one instance I created my hardstanding using Boundary Mode and made it the same width as the desired border. It worked partially.

image.png.34cf17162b2125e4bcb270b04418fa3c.png

In those more complex situations, I would like to use a separate Hardscape in Pathway Mode. I have such a situation right now and somehow I can't seem to get it work as expected. I set the units to be 200 wide, but instead two courses of 100 units are rendered and are staggered.

image.thumb.png.1e801da4ee21edb30ba3f0c0e44b4759.png

Any idea how I can get it work? What are your methods of drawing such an edging? I am not asking about drawing the radial joints manually - no thanks!

7 hours ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

Any idea how I can get it work? What are your methods of drawing such an edging? I am not asking about drawing the radial joints manually - no thanks!

It's not going to work, the tool doesn't function that way.

With path =0' width, it will depict both sides of the border.  With Path=edging width, it illustrates both joints sitting onto of one another.  Path =2x edging width fails to generate.

Unfortunately, manual illustration is your best bet when it comes to radial joints on edging.

22 minutes ago, Benson Shaw said:

A custom line type can easily be made to represent the edge pavers. Just draw the edge with poly tool and assign your linetype in the Pen attribute. Reverse direction if pavers show up on wrong side. 

-B

There is an excellent thread on this (by Benson) which I couldn't find...

• Like 1

Thank you both, @Tom W. and @Benson Shaw. It such an easy thing to do (and I actually create custom line types quite often) but didn't come to my mind in this context.

I don't need that in 3D at the moment/ for this project, but I think I've seen a post on that side before.

On a side note, it would be great to have a coping option for walls, with a customisable top of wall treatment following the wall geometry - a bit like custom posts in the Fence/ Railing tool or border option in Hardscape. I still need to see what's new in v2023.

• Like 1