Schematic Pricing Worksheet

So I'm trying to create a worksheet that will price out areas like patios, plant beds etc... based on polygons that I have a record format attached to. The problem is I can't pull from the record format into the worksheet and also somehow add a column that creates an extended price. My record format has fields like Name, Area, Unit Price but I can't figure out how to get extended pricing so that it will update as I am designing and can check in on prices. 

Thanks!

If your database is in row 3, and your quantity is in Column C and unit price is in Column D, you should be able to put in a formula in cell E3 (the database header row) of =C3*D3.

Make sure that you have both fields in the record format set as numbers and not as text. 

Or post a sample file here and we can help figure it out.

• Like 1
On 4/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, Pat Stanford said:

If your database is in row 3, and your quantity is in Column C and unit price is in Column D, you should be able to put in a formula in cell E3 (the database header row) of =C3*D3.

Make sure that you have both fields in the record format set as numbers and not as text. 

Or post a sample file here and we can help figure it out.

@Pat Stanford Ohhhhh OK. I didn't realize that it had to be in the database header row. I was putting it underneath like you would in an Excel spreadsheet. I'll test this out. 

Thank you!

On 4/7/2023 at 11:53 AM, kawchman said:

So I'm trying to create a worksheet that will price out areas like patios, plant beds etc... based on polygons that I have a record format attached to. The problem is I can't pull from the record format into the worksheet and also somehow add a column that creates an extended price. My record format has fields like Name, Area, Unit Price but I can't figure out how to get extended pricing so that it will update as I am designing and can check in on prices. 

Thanks!

You might be interested in using some of the Landmark features to quantify and price things.

There are some preconfigured reports to get you started with using objects like Hardscape, Plants, Planting Areas, etc which you can further customize.

You can still draw your polygons for design and just right click to convert them to BIM objects.  This can be really handy for doing hardscape takeoffs where there is a border and field of pavers you want to qualify and label separately.  Creating a template file with all your hardscapes gives you a one stop shop for updating all your pricing.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

You might be interested in using some of the Landmark features to quantify and price things.

There are some preconfigured reports to get you started with using objects like Hardscape, Plants, Planting Areas, etc which you can further customize.

You can still draw your polygons for design and just right click to convert them to BIM objects.  This can be really handy for doing hardscape takeoffs where there is a border and field of pavers you want to qualify and label separately.  Creating a template file with all your hardscapes gives you a one stop shop for updating all your pricing.

Thanks @jeff prince! I was able to actually figure a bunch of stuff out by looking at the preconfigured worksheets. I will definitely be using those as we move further into exploring reporting. For right now I'm just happy I have a worksheet that I can use during schematic design to make sure at least I'm relatively close to budget while I draw 2d polys and assign data in the record format.

• Like 4
  • 8 months later...

I have a plant schedule and the extended price works perfect when using the price field within the plant Style.  

I want to have an alternate price (entered into one of the plant styles comment fields; or somewhere you recommend) and be able to calculate the extended price relevant to that second unit price.  

Reason for this is to show a plant schedule that assumes the preferred size of the plant, then a smaller/cheaper size option.  

This works      ='Plant Record'.'Extended Price'

This Doesn't work       =('Plant Record'.'Comment 2')*('Plant Record'.'Quantity')

'Extended Price' is a field defined as a number.

'Comment 2' is a field defined as text.

=Value(('Plant Record'.'Comment 2'))*('Plant Record'.'Quantity')

should work as long as you don't do anything other than the number in the Comment 2 field.  That means you can only put in the number and the decimal point. No Currency symbol, no thousands separator, etc.

HTH