Can't active VW on second computer - "...this license has been activated on the maximum number of machines allowed..."

hollister design Studio

Question

I'm having an issue logging on to my "in the field" laptop.

I'm getting the pop up that says "Vectorworks cannot be activated because this license has been activated on the maximum number of machines allowed"

I only have two machines, my main workstation laptop and my in the field tablet/laptop.

I've been using the two of them for quite a while with no issue - obviously signing out from one before signing in on the other - but as long as I've signed out on my workstation i've never had an issue signing in on my tablet.

I couldn't find anywhere on the Vectorworks website to choose which machines should be active and to delete any any machines that I'm not using - Adobe has a specific page on the website to make sure only approved computers are using their license. It seems like we'd be a good idea for Vectorworks to do the same thing.

The pop up says "please contact Vectorworks or your distributor to resolve this"

I spent over two hours on hold yesterday calling the service select helpline - and never got through.

I filled out a support request form and haven't received any acknowledgement that they received it.

I've already missed an on site meeting because of this issue, and I'm still not able to log on.

If service select isn't the proper way to resolve this, does anyone know what the proper way is?

4 answers to this question

HI Juan P or any other assistant?

I had to reformat my Mac due to being inoperable, and in the process had to reinstall Vectorworks. Same issue for me as the serial is now activated on too many machines.

Are you able to pint me in the right direction to reset this?

Thanks