3D polygon Help

3D polygons are planar so need to have only three vertices.  You need to either raise the 3D polygon ends in the centre of the image so they finish on the edge of the 3D polygon on the right or break the latter up into smaller triangles that join at the lower common point.

20 hours ago, mike m oz said:

3D polygons are planar so need to have only three vertices.  You need to either raise the 3D polygon ends in the centre of the image so they finish on the edge of the 3D polygon on the right or break the latter up into smaller triangles that join at the lower common point.

So contradictory to this VW video?

https://www.google.com/search?q=vectorworks+3d+polygons&oq=vectorworks+3d+polygons&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l8j0i390.15088j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:81d919cc,vid:YbRW7-f-sJQ 

I am creating a garden bed in this instance. Could be anything. I am clicking on existing geometry like bases of fences, edges of drives. etc to create the polygon.

But yes, creating many more simple polys might fix it. Just trying to not complicate things.

Your original method would/could work, but you not snapping to points that are on the same plane.  They may appear to be, but are not.  There are many ways around this, but one from what you have described is to:

First - Select the "3D locus" and put one wherever you want the edges of your garden bed to be.  Essentially doing what you first did, but just put in the 3D points.

Second - Then use Ccustom Selection>Type is 3D Locus" to select them all.

Third - In the Object info box, set their "Z" to the same elevation.

Fourth - Then pick off those points with your 3D polygon tool.