Vectorworks 2023 - Windows crash

Florin

Question

Can anyone explain to me why Vectorworks 2023 keeps crashing. Recently I've been moved to a Windows Workstation (Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5965 24 cores, 64Gb RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090Ti 24Gb) and on the new workstation, Vectorworks 2023 has been installed. Now every single day Vectorworks crashes 5-6-7-8-10 times at least. The rest of my colleagues have Vectorworks 2023 on their MAC's and this does not happen to them. 

I have done all the updates out there both for my workstation and Vectorworks, I just don't get why this happens and it's starting to get really frustrating.

Thank you,

Florin

5 answers to this question

Have your updated your video drivers recently?  If so, you might consider rolling back a version. I have head of some problems with the most recent driver updates. If you have not updated recently, then update and see if that solves the problem.

If you have a memory test application, you might want to run that to make sure you don't have bad RAM.

HTH

• Like 1
On 2/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, jeff prince said:

Sounds like a problem with your hardware or hardware drivers.  The software is stable on both Mac and windows platforms with my group.

I will have a look to see if that is the problem. But I run Revit 2023 - Lumion 12.5 Pro and Photoshop in the same time on the machine and I have no issues, the machine doesn't crash nor it gives me any errors/ lags.

The only time I have issues is when I either open and empty Vectorworks file, jump from one project to another or trying to add annotations on the Sheet Layer. 

• Like 1