Hedgerow Rendering in 2023

Christine Mulinder

Question

12 answers to this question

That looks like a difference between Plane mapping (where the texture get's "extruded" along the sides of the object and Auto-Align Plane or Surface UV mapping where each plane get's a "head on" view of the texture.

I have not used the Hedgerow so I don't know if it uses that or not, but check the Render tab in the OIP and see if it is set to Plane mapping.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi, right now the best way to avoid this is to use create object from shape.

Instead of drawing with the tool, draw the line as a polyline. Then simplify the line so it consists of segments instead of a curve. You won't loose any quality doing this.

Then, use the command Create objects from shapes and create the hedgerow.

When you then add the texture, it will look perfect, see the difference below.

When the hedgerow becomes a style, we can add the simplification into the object (like the landscape area tool).

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 20.13.57.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

Then simplify the line so it consists of segments instead of a curve.

How do you do this?

I can get this...

1372413257_Screenshot2023-02-03at21_49_02.thumb.png.22667163df0280209ffa77ee61856ea5.png

... if I draw the 'circles' using the Regular Polygon Tool (i.e. 'Hexagon' Tool) then add them then convert to Hedgerow.

But if I instead draw four Circles then add them together is there then a way to make the shape facetted before converting to Hedgerow? This is what four circles added + converted to Hedgerow looks like:

835421044_Screenshot2023-02-03at21_56_46.thumb.png.34fa196f23ffcf7f530d5fa8ddfffc76.png

Is there a way to draw curved Polylines then make them facetted or do you have to draw the 'curves' as a series of straight lines with corner vertices from the outset?

Thanks

13 hours ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

When the hedgerow becomes a style, we can add the simplification into the object (like the landscape area tool).

Is this imminent? And this will basically have the effect of converting the Polyline into a facetted Polygon automatically from the OIP? So you can draw a curved path as a Polyline then just adjust the Simplification Tolerance in the OIP to quickly make the object facetted + therefore render correctly?