Vectorworks 2023 Service Pack 3, blurring/blurriness on zoom and slow to zoom

sara_JMA

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Anytime I zoom, VW either automatically sharpens after half a second or waits for a mouse movement. The latter draws more attention than the former.

Unified view is on as is Accelerate Graphics.

I'm on 2023 and Service Pack 3. Windows 10 64. Ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb RAM and a 1080 graphics card. I've tried both the Studio and the Game drivers.

On 2/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, DMadonia said:

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Anytime I zoom, VW either automatically sharpens after half a second or waits for a mouse movement. The latter draws more attention than the former.

Unified view is on as is Accelerate Graphics.

I'm on 2023 and Service Pack 3. Windows 10 64. Ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb RAM and a 1080 graphics card. I've tried both the Studio and the Game drivers.

Hi @DMadonia, Your graphics card, presumably an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, is more than 7 years old now. Typically, newer software places greater demand on hardware than older software. It is possible a card this old does not possess the processing speed required to deliver smooth experiences with Vectorworks 2023. It is also possible that the graphics card drivers made by NVIDIA for models this old do not include software technologies needed to work with the modern software conventions employed by Vectorworks 2023. However…

• If Vectorworks 2023 was performing well before but has since become slow, then there's more to investigate. It might be that the content of your file/s have become more burdensome than they were before. –This can be verified by closing all files, then going File > New… > Create blank document and seeing if these symptoms occur in this doc after drawing a few simple shapes. If they don't, then it suggests the other doc/s are overly burdensome for your hardware. Some such document-specific causes can be improved or avoided. 
  • If Vectorworks 2023 has always exhibited this problem for you, there is some chance the current graphics card driver installed for this card is out-of-date or corrupt. Try updating the graphics card driver for this card. If that doesn't resolve it, you could try performing a clean installation of the latest driver. 

Please report your results back here so others may benefit from your contribution. Thanks!