Double-click on symbol instance to edit Symbol Options

I have just realised that sometimes when you double-click on a symbol instance, as well as getting the options for editing the 2D, 3D + Wall Hole components you are also able to edit the Symbol Options. Previously I thought you could only do this by right-clicking on the symbol in the Resource Manager so this is pretty cool. But what is confusing is that it doesn't apply to all symbols in the drawing, just it seems ones which have been flipped. Has this always been the case? Why is it only flipped symbols? It's quite useful to be able to check/edit a symbol's settings in the model rather than going back to the RM so just wondering why it isn't available across the board... Thanks

• Like 3

@Matt Panzer perhaps you know the answer to this? I only ask because when I first noticed the option to edit the Symbol Options after double-clicking on the symbol I immediately thought that this would be a good option to have with styled PIOs too e.g. an alternative means of accessing the Plug-in Object Style Options instead of finding the style in the RM + right-clicking on it there. You were part of a discussion elsewhere regarding easier access to the Plug-in Object Style Options. Then I realised that it was only flipped instances of symbols where you had this option which threw a bit of a spanner in the works... Be good if it worked with ALL symbols plus with styled PIOs as well! Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Matt!

It's also weird that when you right-click on a flipped symbol instance you don't get the option to edit Symbol Options: it's only present when you double-click on it.

What about the idea of accessing the Plug-in Object Style Options for a Door or Window by double-clicking or right-clicking on the object in the drawing?

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Thanks Matt!

It's also weird that when you right-click on a flipped symbol instance you don't get the option to edit Symbol Options: it's only present when you double-click on it.

Right.  The bug points out that the dialog should always be the same (with all of those options) for flipped and unflipped symbols

7 hours ago, Tom W. said:

What about the idea of accessing the Plug-in Object Style Options for a Door or Window by double-clicking or right-clicking on the object in the drawing?

This is a separate issue and cannot be part of a bug fix.  However, it is something we've been looking at and on our radar.

• Like 2