V23 - constantly crashing

crasto2022

Question

I have Vectorworks 2023 crashing on a iMac 2019 5k retina and a 2021 m1 iMac.

Have reinstalled and spent time on the phone with support where they have adjusted settings and basically said it's going to be like this until the next Mac OS Update. I installed the VW service pack and also ran first aid on the drives.

Any suggestions?

9 answers to this question

On 10/24/2022 at 6:19 PM, Pat Stanford said:

There are lots of people running VW2023 on Macs, both Intel and M1 (and M2) who are not seeing these issues.

What OS are you running on each machine?

Hi Pat,

Intel Machine -

macOS 12.6 (21G115) (Build 21G115)

A1 Machine -

macOS 13.0 (22A380) (Build 22A380)

I am out of ideas so would be great if you have some

Regards,

Craig

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

After looking into the symbolized crash report I see a few things that jump out to me.

First is that we appear to be using Project Sharing server.  If this is the case, is this running each time you see the crash?
It also appears one of the last actions taken was to click on a notification, do you interact with the Notification Center at all?

Perhaps the development team could make use of this.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 11/4/2022 at 8:28 AM, crasto2022 said:

Hey guys,

Side Note: I just noticed that Vectorworks 2023 system requirements say 32GB is the minimum recommended ram? has this always been the case with previous versions?!

Thanks,

Craig

32 GB of RAM is the recommendation for High-end Profile drawing projects.  The "high-end" section of the System Requirements appears to have been moved to the top of the list.  If you scroll down further, you'll see the requirements for smaller projects.  Under the 2022 System Requirements, the, "Entry-level Profile" was listed first, at only 8GB of RAM.

https://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq

• Like 1
On 11/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, crasto2022 said:

Hi Josh,

The Project Sharing server part of Vectorworks is always running but our drawings are stored on SharePoint/Our machines

We do not interact much with the notificationc enter at all

Thanks,

Craig

bump bump do we think this could possibly be a onedrive issue? they access the files from there (Not the OneDrive integration with Project Sharing.... OneDrive SharePoint)