What is this Component Edit window?

MGuilfoile

Question

From time to time, this window pops up called "Component Edit." Like a cat walking across a newspaper (when there were paper newspapers), it seems to always cover where I need to work. Unlike a pet, it doesn't seem to have a purpose. Does it have a purpose? How do I turn it off? Thanks for any help on this, more of an annoyance rather than a true bug, but I'd still like to keep it off my drawing space.

Thanks,

MHBrown

3 answers to this question

That allows you to create and edit 2D representations (in plan, elevation, section, etc) of a 3D object. You can use it to draw things manually but you can also use it to automatic generate 2D from the 3D object and then edit it to your hearts content. It's very useful.

Click here for relevant help section:

954498902_Screenshot2022-10-11at15_15_01.thumb.png.ee81f7d4279c5a4d537df884820ee999.png

Edited by Christiaan

Thanks, Christiaan! I remember asking for this probably around VW9; wondering why Plan gets a 2D image, but not any other orthographic view. I couldn't figure out how to use it, but I didn't spend much time on it. I agree, this will be very helpful, so I'll have to budget some time to puzzle it out.

Thanks again!

MHBrown

• Like 1