Automatic zoom to fit upon switching between Design and Sheet Layers

My design layers are all at 1:1, and my sheets are all 11x17.  Every time I switch from a design layer to a sheet, the first thing I have to do is resize the display to either zoom in to my tiny sheet or zoom out from one small corner of the design layer.  I have bound Zoom To Fit Objects to my middle mouse, which is convenient enough, but it is pesky to have to do it every single time, potentially several times a minute.  Is there a setting which will maintain a level of zoom (such as displaying all objects) or maintain the state of my display prior to switching from design layer to sheet?

8 minutes ago, vektorwerke-affe said:

Every time I switch from a design layer to a sheet, the first thing I have to do is resize the display to either zoom in to my tiny sheet or zoom out from one small corner of the design layer.

That is why in VW it is wise to set the Layer scale (of all Layers) to

the same scale as the majority and most important of your SLVPs

use.

Just because it is the least pain when switching between SLs and DLs.

Pat offered a workaround with Saved Views.

I gave up on using any 1:1 or other DL scale than my drawings have

pretty soon.

• Like 1

A lot of annoying behavior related to switching between design layers goes away when you set an appropriate design layer scale.

In fact, if you set different design layer scales as required, Vectorworks behaves pretty nicely.

However, even if you don't, I find this setting helpful....

It remembers the zoom setting for each sheet layer so when you bounce from design layer to sheet layer, you end up where you expect on the sheet.

When paired with setting design layers to an appropriate scale, it's faster and better than saved views IMHO.

477889397_SeparateSheetViewssetting.thumb.png.5d13fd2195ced069af0a3ac9abdf7d75.png

• Like 4