Textures are greyed out in Viewports when they are shown as white in model.

mikedarvill

Question

Hello, 

I am working on a project and I have encountered a glitch that I cannot solve. 

This issue arises when I select draw edges in the background render settings to showcase a sharp "shaded" render of the building. 

When I return to model the objects are shown as their normal selected coloured texture which is white. 

Please help with a solution, I am puzzled. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.03.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.02.58 PM.png

3 answers to this question

I think I do not really get it.

11 hours ago, mikedarvill said:

draw edges in the background render

Usually I have RW as Background Render and Hidden Lines as Foreground Render,

to show sharp renderings.

(Or just use OpenGL/Shaded with Lines activated only, for Speed reasons but at double

resolution to make fuzzy "Shaded" lines look sharper. But that increases Image File Size)

11 hours ago, mikedarvill said:

When I return to model the objects are shown as their normal selected coloured texture which is white. 

For me it looks just like the second image has only half the resolution of the first image.

And it looks that therefore, the gray lines appear so thick that they cover nearly the

whole Window's Jamb/Sah area, which makes them look gray filled as the white texture

is nearly completely occluded.

The second image is a viewport,

The first is a screenshot taken from the design layer. 

I have tried many things with the "draw edges" options and continue to get these grey boxes. The only time the boxes are not shown is when draw edges is turned off thus showing barge boards and any other roof components without an edge. I have tried to change the settings of the viewport to high but continue to get the same results. 

The resolution setting is not for the viewport, but rather for the entire Sheet Layer. By default it is set to 72DPI.  Something like 150 will be closer to your actual screen resolution. 300 might be appropriate for final output, but will take 4 times as long to render/update as 150dpi.

Check the Sheet Layer pane of the Organization dialog box and see what you are set to.