• Vectorworks 2023 Service Pack 6 Available for Download

JuanP

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its sixth Service Pack (SP6) for the Vectorworks 2023 product line. This update includes the following quality improvements and updates that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2023.

Important Enhancements

• General
      • Certifies IFC import for IFC4 Reference View 1.2.
      • Improves general stability when panning and zooming.
      • Restores Marionette nodes to their previous state after an undo operation.
      • Improves support for Favorites in the Resource Manager:
        • Includes resources within Favorites in search results.
        • Supports favorite files with special characters in their names.
    • Interoperability
      • Users can now batch import multiple USD files as symbols.
      • Resolves an issue with textures in imported USDZ files.
    • Architect
      • The Solibri Inside web palette, for checking architectural models, now ships with the application.
    • Landmark
      • Grouped plant polygons display correctly.
      • Laubwerk content:
        • All models have been improved; they also produce better quality with low-polygon-count representations in Vectorworks.
        • Buddleja davidii (“Pablo Purple”) has been added.
        • Skirt geometry for the 3D mesh site model display mode has been improved.
    • ConnectCAD
      • A new option in the Device Eyedropper Transfer Preferences dialog box allows users to control the transfer of attached record data.
      • The Edit Cabling tool handles complex cable networks better.
      • Finding and replacing text (Text > Find-Replace Text command) now updates the device, equipment item, and rack frame names while maintaining correct object associations.

For a full list of improvements in this update, please visit this page.

Installing the Service Pack

This service pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the service pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).

If you have any technical questions or problems during this process, please submit a support request in the customer portal.

• Like 4

Report Article

User Feedback

Thanks for the warning. I had already decided to pass on it. It doesn't appear to address any of the serious bugs in VW2023, so there is no reason to "upgrade." I'll keep the known bugs rather than trade for a set of unknown ones.

• Laugh 1
    On 7/20/2023 at 7:51 AM, Kevin C said:

Anuyone had failures in updating to SP6? It corrupted our VW and we had to roll back to SP5

It did a similar thing to what happened when I updated to SP5. Progress bar got to 100%, then went past 100% and took away from the left side of the progress bar but only a few percent this time rather than 140%.  Then it showed an error, and when I tried to run the update again it said I was up-to-date and already had SP6.  Will let you know if I see anything glitchy once I get to use it again.

I have Design Suite on VW 2023 and I only have up to SP3.  Check for updates and softwares says it is up to date.  What am I missing?

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 5.04.45 PM.png

That happens every now and then.

You can locate your VW Updater App inside your VW Program Folder

and start it manually.

Usually the Updater will want to update itself first and after restarting

offering available updates again.

There is no VW Updater App in my 2023 VW folder.  I need to resown load it.  That is what I need help on.  I need a direct link to this download.   Why does VW make this so impossible.   

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
    On 9/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, jberlin said:

There is no VW Updater App in my 2023 VW folder.  I need to resown load it.  That is what I need help on.  I need a direct link to this download.   Why does VW make this so impossible.   

It sounds like perhaps the "Vectorworks 2023 Updater" app was either manually or automatically removed (by another app that "optimizes space on your computer") from the "Vectorworks 2023" folder, because by default it is installed there and actually makes the update process very easy.

Given that this app is missing, and perhaps other Vectorworks items may have been removed too, you may want to redownload and run the installer from your Customer Portal.

• Like 1