IMPORTING TEXT FROM WORD DOC. TO DRAWING

• 1 month later...

I too have been trying to import a word doc, with numbered notes for instance, into VW (11.5.1). However, the formatting of the numbered list gets all screwed up and I can't remedy the formatting from within VW.

There must be others who have this problem yet I can't seem to find any more info on these BBs relating to this problem.

Thanks

Ah yes one of my pet peeves with this software. If you're using a PC its even better; word or excel specification files (cut and pasted) come in as bit maps! Talk about file inflation. Version 12 finally has updated the worksheets to include word wrap so that you can at least import your specs without cells extending to Mars. I've always been leary of the built-in notes and spec capabilities of the software because of the 256k character limit, so I've always done them in excel. Might be worth revisiting. Buy the upgrade to 12 and experiment using worksheets. But wait to use it until the 12.01 patch is ready. As usual, sounds like there are bugs.

quote:

Originally posted by Hooprulz:

I too have been trying to import a word doc, with numbered notes for instance, into VW (11.5.1). However, the formatting of the numbered list gets all screwed up and I can't remedy the formatting from within VW...

Try doing a copy and paste as shown above. You might also try a copy and paste using a RTF file.

Do a save as Rich Text Format with your Word document. Then copy and paste into a text box.