How to represent Railing/ Fence with a polyline in Top/ Plan View?

Hi All,

I would like to represent fences, railings and other boundary treatment as polylines, rather than the detailed top view of the Railing/ Fence objects?

Since Railing/ Fence is stored in the Resource Manager as a symbol, I thought I could just add a polyline to it's 2D component, but this doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to achieve this?

I don't think there is a way to do that with the stock fence tool. At least not if you want it to be a hybrid object and show in 3D.

If you turn off the Top Rail and the Frame then you will get the single line you want. But if the object is set to 2D/3D then nothing shows in 3D.

You could duplicate them in different classes but if you are going to do that you might as well just turn off the fence and draw the poly itself.

"Symbols" in the resource manager are used for storing a variety of objects that aren't really symbols.  Fences (and other object styles) are stored there to be used as source geometry for the Fence Object. Or in some cases they are stored as "Red" symbols that are converted back to the original PIO upon insertion.  Fences are not typical symbols with 2D and 3D parts.

An enhancement request sounds like it is in order.

• Like 1