Screen Plane

trashcan

Question

thought that I used to create text as a note and leave it on the screen plane so it's always visible from every angle. Now, I'm looking at the OIP and even for objects that were previously in the screen plane, there isn't an option for screen plane, it's just blank...

image.png.37b329e4428aac757f6e334a418a44d7.png

Once I switch from that nothing plane, I can't switch it back to screen. Sup with that? 

For new objects, I can't find the switch to switch to screen plane. What am I forgetting or what changed? 

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, trashcan said:

thought that I used to create text as a note and leave it on the screen plane so it's always visible from every angle. Now, I'm looking at the OIP and even for objects that were previously in the screen plane, there isn't an option for screen plane, it's just blank...

Once I switch from that nothing plane, I can't switch it back to screen. Sup with that? 

For new objects, I can't find the switch to switch to screen plane. What am I forgetting or what changed? 

Screen plane has been deprecated in VW 2022, but you can enable it as a legacy feature: Document Prefs > Legacy 2D tab

On 1/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, trashcan said:

Screen plane and a few other things were deprecated to Document Prefs > Legacy 2D. You can enable everything there.