Viewing Walls In 3D

I am creating a collinear wall w/ parapets at different heights. Is it possible to create this wall and view it in 3D without having construction lines between the parapets? Or can I join 2 collinear walls and view them in 3D without seeing the construction line between them? Windows are in the wall so I do not want to "add solids". I am trying to have the cleanest 3D model I can, are there any tricks to this?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you say you are seeing connection lines, it must be because you are in hidden line rendering mode (as other rendering modes will not show these lines). At the current time, the only way to hide these lines is to use "white-out", i.e. draw over them with a line in white pen.

Multiple walls of differing heights (to indicate different wall heights for your 'castle'), will render with lines at each end of wall. There is no way around it, unless you convert copy to line and use lots of white line to cover the joints. If you render the walls, in open gl, and show the wall fill as white, you might get there.

Rodger,

A reshaped wall behaves just like any other wall, ie: it still allows you to place (or modify) doors and windows according to their size, location along the wall and height (at the sill or the head) in relation to the "z" value of the layer you're working in.

If you use one reshaped wall, I think those irritating lines will no longer exist.

If you're looking for a more realistic looking final model you might consider purchasing RenderWorks, which (although it isn't perfect) would allow you to apply a wide range of textures (siding, roofing, wood, etc) to your model.

Hope this helps,

Peter