Blue Selection Handles disappear, nothing in OIP

mjm

Question

🥳

This has happened a few times across a few versions of VWX.

Working along and then one realizes, "no, it's actually not me, I actually have selected something, the selection can be seen to be selected, yet nothing in the OIP." Thats when one realizes that it's another coffee break time—to shut VWX down, restart it, watch the plugins load, then open the relevant files and hope they're not corrupted. I have logged not even 90 minutes working from a freshly restarted computer and now a restart.

💩

Along with multiple objects randomly choosing different Z heights, it's been quite the return to VWX after months of no/lo work due to the pandemic.

And - am I wrong, but has it become even more difficult to edit  in the symbol edit window from a sheet layer? Hand to god, it makes me want to ice pick my own eyes to have to jump out of Sheet and back into design to amend any symbol.

And - why, when all I need to do to the heliodon is edit times/dates, must jump back into DL to do so?

Having to return to DL to symbol edit just slows down the entire process and really puts a kink in my workflow hose.

Great to get that off my chest, thanks for your time

😬

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.17.45 AM.png

4 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Check the Mode of the Selection tool.

Hey thanks as always @Pat Stanford! However, clearly, in my haste and frustration, I lied. Apologies. As we can see in the screen shot, there are handles showing on the selected PIO. However, said PIO is not showing in the IOP (lol PIO—IOP, who's the anagramist over there at VWX?).

After a reboot of the machine and a restart on the file, all seems back to normal.

Phewf, sorry about the rant 

14 minutes ago, mjm said:

Hey thanks as always @Pat Stanford! However, clearly, in my haste and frustration, I lied. Apologies. As we can see in the screen shot, there are handles showing on the selected PIO. However, said PIO is not showing in the IOP (lol PIO—IOP, who's the anagramist over there at VWX?).

After a reboot of the machine and a restart on the file, all seems back to normal.

Phewf, sorry about the rant 

Just reporting back in here. VWX 21 just went to th e spinning ball of death less than fifteen minutes after restarting the machine & vwx. 

10 minutes ago, mjm said:

Just reporting back in here. VWX 21 just went to th e spinning ball of death less than fifteen minutes after restarting the machine & vwx. 

Oh, and after another VWX re-start (no reboot—my bad), upon simultaneously updating six pretty simple viewports VWX crashed again. I'm lovin' my professional life.