worksheet sum

Hi ALL! 

Anyway i can sum all the values from my led Wattage records? 

I´ve tried quite a few times and ways to use the sum value,,, but only get the module wattage not really the full array.. 

and if this is not to much to ask can i add to that sum an expression so i get it in Amp instead of W.

sorry.. just learning how to use reports and this is amazing but a little difficult to use since i´m a long time excel user! 

thanks in advance

If you have the number of modules in the array then you should be able to just multiply the wattage per modules X number of modules to get the total wattage.

I belive Watts = Volts x Amps, so to get Amps, just divide the total wattage by the voltage of the system.

If you need more help post a file or at least screen shots showing the worksheet and the database header row formulas so we can see what you are trying to do.

• 6 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 8:20 AM, Pat Stanford said:

The only trick to the above is that what you pass to the Value function must be characters that make up a number only. No unit marks, no suffix, no prefix, no extra spaces.

No Thousands separator.

Thanks for putting this in writing Pat.

I wish this was more clearly stated in the help pages... If they had opened with "using number values only - no thousands separator".

I have had so many instances in the last 4 years, struggling to get a simple "SUM" formula to work, banging my head against the proverbial wall... all because I had a thousand separator!