Rack device parameters don't update from device list

sbecraft

When I add rack equipment and name it a known device name, the details of the rack equipment don't update.  I have to manually edit all the parameters of the rack device.  I only noticed this in VW2021.  This worked in VW2020.  Further, is there any way to have the rack equipment auto generate from the device list? Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys, just wondering if there was any resolution for this challenge. (Or if we are just doing something incorrectly in ConnectCAD.) I also have he challenge and would love to find a way to not have to re-type all the parameter info for all the devices every time. (I've tried a whole bunch of different ways, but in short, when I have a ConnectCad device in my schematic and create it's 2D version in the 2D rack, then the device grab all the default info from that device and need to re-enter it all again.  Any advise please?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 hours ago, Henslin said:

Hey Guys, just wondering if there was any resolution for this challenge. (Or if we are just doing something incorrectly in ConnectCAD.) I also have he challenge and would love to find a way to not have to re-type all the parameter info for all the devices every time. (I've tried a whole bunch of different ways, but in short, when I have a ConnectCad device in my schematic and create it's 2D version in the 2D rack, then the device grab all the default info from that device and need to re-enter it all again.  Any advise please?

Hello @Henslin,

Instead of creating the Equipment Items manually, try using the Create Equipment menu command, which will automatically create any missing equipment items on the active layer.

P.S.

The old name of the Create Equipment menu command is Update Rack Elevation, in case you are using older VW version.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov