Dimension Tool - will not apply dimensions

Kara K

Question

I am having trouble in one particular document with placing any dimension.

I click the first point then second point pull the dimension out.   It is shaded and looks like a dimension will place.  When I make the third click the dimension disappears as if I never tried to dimension the object.

The active layer is the top layer.  The active class and layer are both visible.  Show, Snap modify others is on.  Attributes palette has a fill and a line weight with color of black.

Is there anything else I am missing?  It seems to work as expected on another document.  I have tried to dimension all kinds of objects with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

After you do this and it doesn't create a dimension, try undoing it (Command Z on a Mac or Control Z on Windows). Is there a message in the bottom right that says "Undo:  Create Linear Dimension"?

It sounds like your dimension class is set to invisible.  Try setting all classes to visible in case your dimension default class is not set to dimension class.

When that doesn't work, post back :-).