Unable to render

Naita

Question

Hey guys need help.

I installed Vectorworks 2019 and I'm trying to render a view using the final realistic rendering option. However, it is taking so long and it always stuck at pre-render stage sometimes not moving at all. I'm using it on Windows laptop and my file isn't big, it's only 75 mb, no reason for it to take this long. I never had this issue with the 2010 versions. 

What do you think my be the issue cause few days ago i installed entourage from the download content but I doubt that would be the issue. 

Anyone else have this problem how can i fix it, cause I prefer to render in vectorworks but so far 2019 has been disappointing for me. 

2 answers to this question

A couple things to check:

1.  Any geometry VERY far away from the origin?

2.  Too many light sources

3.  Mesh objects

4.  Renderworks textures with very high resolution

I'm not positive, but I believe 2010 and 2019 have completely different rendering engines.

If you're still stuck, feel free to post the file here or PM it.  

could be a corrupt object or a really dense/vertex laden object or layer. 

or drawing elements might be far from origin 

some things to try:

1.  verify that your drawing elements are all within a few miles or km of the drawing origin. closer is better. if necessary, move user origin close to your objects, or move objects closer to internal origin (same amount every layer). 

2.  vectorworks renders more efficiently in sheet layer viewports. if your stalled  renders are in design layers, try creating viewports and render the vps. start with lower resolution on sheet layer and increase resolution if test successful. 

3.  try some different render modes. might tell you something usefull for further trouble shooting

4. try to isolate any problem objects or areas

open a new blank vwx file

copy all objects on a single layer of the problem file. 

paste in place into the new file and test render. 

if ok repeat with another layer from orig into another new file 

if one of these fails look for and simplify or replace dense object (meshes from 3d warehouse?)

ok post back with more detail

welcome to the forum!

-B

oh!  Michael posted , too, while I was writing!

Edited by Benson Shaw
dangling thoughts