ConnectCAD2020 Device builder

Hello,

Long time CC user...first time poster....

When I try and create a new device not in the list ( Make - New, Model - New) It defaults to a virtual device.  If I select Physical device it will not let me select OK to build it.  I've added all the info (H,W,D, RU, Power, Weight).

Any tips?

Thanks!

Hello Nikolay,

Thanks for getting back.  I'm currently on VW2020 SP3.1.

I've attached 2 screenshots. 

One is when I add a new device not in the database.  It comes up as virtual first and will let me press the OK button to make a device.

The second is then I switch it to physical.  I add all the physical attributes I need, but it will not let me press OK to make a device.

Thanks!

New Device defaults to Virtual.png

Switched to Physical.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @hihosilvey,

The Power and Weight of the device have to be nonnegative in order to create a physical device. I suppose that this is preventing you from creating the device. If I am not wrong when you press OK the focus of the dialog should be set to the Power, pointing you that this value is invalid.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @hihosilvey,

Okay, seems like we are not supporting imperial units in the dialog and it counts them as invalid input. I will log in a bug about that. In the meantime, if you write numbers only as the values for Width, Height and Depth you will be able to create the device.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 11:02 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Okay, seems like we are not supporting imperial units in the dialog and it counts them as invalid input.

Along the lines of Metric vs Imperial units.... Are there any plans to create an imperial ConnectCAD template that could accompany the metric template?

8 hours ago, Conrad Preen said:

We could do that. It wouldn't be anything very exciting - just set the drawing units to feet and inches and set a suitable grid size probably 1/4 inch.

Something as simple as that would be great to have included with ConnectCAD so users can hop right into either template that works for their project.

Edited by Daniel Dickman
Spelling