Mystery box in viewport

I have a viewport in a sheet layer. There is a box outlining most of the viewport, but not all of it. The box stops short of the whole size of the viewport. I cannot get this box to disappear, and I havent the slightest how it came to be. The viewport is on class 0 with no lines or fills. How can I get rid of it? What is it?

I'm gittin scratchy.

Thanks for responding. I found out what it was. Sort of. It must have been created when I first made the viewport, and it must have been made in some naughty class. I dont know why it wasnt sized the same as the viewport, but I was able to get rid of it by going into vp edit, going into "crop" mode, and turning the line setting to "none".

Its still a mystery to me.

thanks

The "box" you are talking about is actually the cropping object for the VP. By entering the crop you can resize it, or apply any attributes to it (like line weight=0).

The question I have is: when you originally created the VP did you use a shape to define the border (crop)? If so, then that was it. If not, then I would guess that some anomaly (corruption/bug/?) has causeg the originally invisible cropping object to appear all on it's own.

At least it's easy to fix!