Walls Unexpectedly Appear in Viewport

willofmaine

Question

I have some walls in a wall class, but they're in a group in a "Guides" class that is turned off in the viewport.  Until now, there's been no sign of the walls showing up in the viewport (a section viewport), entirely as expected.  But tonight, after updating the viewport, suddenly, unexpectedly, for the first time, there's a brick hatch to be seen through the windows.  Huh?!?  I check layers and classes and viewport settings and look for extraneous geometry of some sort that maybe I inadvertently placed.  Somehow.  All seems to be as it should be.  But after updating the viewport again, the brick is still there.  Closing and re-opening the file and updating the viewport yet again doesn't help.  Finally, after quitting Vectorworks and re-starting Vectorworks and updating the viewport for at least the fourth time, the brick finally goes away.  VWIS183

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Will,
This sounds like an issue that crept up in Vectorworks 2020 SP2 and was fixed in SP2.1.

What version of Vectorworks are you using?

If it’s 2020 SP2, try updating to SP2.1 and see if that fixes it.  If not, can you post or send me a file showing the problem?

Hi Matt,

I'm using version SP2.1.  I can't seem to replicate the issue.  I tried repeating what I think I'd been doing before it happened, but all to no avail...  This project (and the viewport in question) has been around since at least SP2, but this is the first time this has happened...  Thanks!  -Will

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, willofmaine said:

Hi Matt,

I'm using version SP2.1.  I can't seem to replicate the issue.  I tried repeating what I think I'd been doing before it happened, but all to no avail...  This project (and the viewport in question) has been around since at least SP2, but this is the first time this has happened...  Thanks!  -Will

Ok.  Please let me know if it happens again.  This should not happen in SP2.1.